Hi Friends –
I know I’m a day late and a dollar short but…
2017 is going to be filled with some pretty fantastic new releases and debut authors. I’m not usually greatly anticipating books, but there are a couple coming out this year that I am exited about. Without further ado, here’s the list.
- 3 – Difficult Women by Roxane Gay
- I love Roxane Gay. I can’t wait to read this collection of short stories.
- 3 – Flying Lessons & Other Stories by Ellen Oh (and others)
- All the proceeds of this anthology go to #readdiversebooks. I love this organization, and am always about reading #ownvoices literature
- 17 – History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
- I met Adam Silvera, and he was pretty awesome. I’m excited to see his next work. He’s doing something important. It features an OCD character, which I’m also looking forward to reading his portrayal.
- 14 – Shade Me by Jennifer Brown
- This is the second book in the Nikki Kill trilogy. It’s not amazing, but I plan on continuing the series.
- 21 – A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
- This trilogy almost makes me feel as though I like fantasy novels. I’ll definitely be finishing and purchasing this in February.
- 28 – The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Inspired by the Black Lives Matter Movement, #ownvoices, and YA. THIS IS WHY I BLOG. Can’t wait to read this.
- 7 – Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner
- YES. Jeff. Be still my heart. I actually haven’t looked at the description of this yet, because I don’t need to. I know it will be great.
- 11 – The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
- Again, another auto buy for me.
- 2 – Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
- I can’t wait for the last installment of the Lara Jean & Peter Saga. I also can’t wait to reread the first two books before this.
- 5 – They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- The title alone is a winner. I can’t wait to have two Adam Silvera books this year!
Until Next Time World…