As my hiatus from blogging was very large, I also took a hiatus from making a to be read reading list for the month. In some ways, I think it made me less accountable for what I needed to be reading at any time. I blame this on why I failed to meet my reading goal. **still bitter**
Since I’m pre-writing some of my blog posts I can already tell you that it’s a couple of days into January and I’ve barely read anything. Hopefully putting this list to writing will actually allow me to complete a good amount of reading. I’m also going on vacation at the end of the month, which should provide the opportunity to read more than if I were working.
- Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
- Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West
- A World Without You by Beth Revis
- With Malice by Eileen Cook
- Be Frank With Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson
- Behold the Dreamers by Imblo Mbue
- Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Irin Carmon & Shana Knizhnik
- Missing, Presumed by Susie Steiner
I’m also trying to focus on reading the books on my bookshelf. This month’s theme is also “read all the books that Katie has lent you.” 4 of the books on this list belong to her, and since I’m seeing her in the beginning of February, I want to be able to return some of these to her. Technically, I should read 13 books this month, but I also want to give myself some room in case something new and exciting comes along. Heck, I haven’t gotten by Book of the Month subscription yet.