June certainly flew by, faster than I expected anyway. I had a pretty ambitious TBR this month, and while I didn’t do terribly, I also got sidetracked by shiny books a lot. This basically means that I read a lot of books, but not all the books I said I was going to read. I also read a lot of comics/graphic novels this month. Don’t tell me I never try anything new!
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- Ladivine by Marie NDiaye
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
- The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
- The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
- Illumine by Amie Kaufman
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism by Grady Hendrix
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
- The Great American Whatever by Tim Federle
- The Royal We by Heather Cocks
I’m still reading A Little Life…but can you even call it reading when you’ve barely read a page all month? Also, since moving I realize how ridiculous my TBR shelf has become. In July I’m going to try to focus on getting down some of those books…so I can at least get more?
- Lumberjanes, vol. 2: Friendship to the Max by Noelle Stevenson
- Dreamless by Bobby Crosby
- Giant Days, vol. 1 by John Allison
- Giant Days, vol. 2 by John Allison
- Lumberjanes, vol. 3: A Terrible Plan by Noelle Stevenson
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- Y: The Last Man, vol. 1: Unmanned by Brian K. Vaughan
- Ms. Marvel, vol. 1: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson
- Ms. Marvel, vol 2: Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson
Since I’m apparently reading comics now, the red is just going to be the 5 things I enjoyed most this month.
Until Next Time World…
You really read a lot last month! Woooaaah!
Yeah. My goal is 156 books this year. So to stay on track I should read 12 books a month. It’s why I blog so inconsistently though. I have to devote a lot of time to reading!
You had such a great reading month!! Yay for comics and graphic novels 😊 I’m so happy you enjoyed Nimona and Giant Days, they’re two of my favourites!!