Yet another month down, and summer is just around the corner. I’m looking forward to warming days and no students around. This should be the first summer that I really get to relax and rejuvenate…and I am so ready. April is my birth month, and I was hoping to get a lot of good reading down. Although I feel like I had a book in my hand most days, I think I read some pretty serious novels over the course of the month which ultimately did not leave me with a high book total. I should be reading 12 books a month, but if I can get through 10 – I’m a happy camper. And as always, my favorite books of the month are highlighted in red.
- White Hunger by Aki Ollikainen
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman
- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex by Mary Roach
- The Four Books by Yan Lianke
- Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
- Just One Year by Gayle Forman
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
- Just One Night by Gayle Forman*
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang
- The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
- The Heart (or Mend the Living) by Maylis de Kerangal
I’m not sure what May has in store for me. I’ve built up quite a TBR pile at my house, which makes my earlier rant about the affordability of buying books seem laughable. After I finish these next two library books, I’m going to start on these pile I’ve accumulated through friends and family.
Until Next Time World…
*You are not a book; you’re basically a short story.